Thursday, October 11, 2007

TATTF thoughts

Had I sold at $16 today (WHICH I DID NOT) on TATTF that would have been roughly a 18% return on the stock in just over 2 weeks. Though it was quite tempting I am going to hold off.

TATTF is awarding a dividend on Nov 5th for those shareholders on record as of Oct 16th. It would be .40 which is roughly 3% of my purchase price. So I am hoping to hold out for that.

I have my stop in at $14.85 which is roughly a 10% profit from my purchase price. So if I did get stopped out PRIOR to the dividend record date I would have 10% profit. If I got stopped out after that date I would have 13% profit.

I still think it can run up some more and may yet we will have to see what happens. But at this point I think we are sitting on some nice profits.

I agree with the slogan of let your profits run but I also agree if the stock shoots up too quickly to take some profits. Bulls can make money, Bears can make money but Pigs get slaughtered.

My goal is 10-30% per pick and a stock can take 60 days to get there. So far we have done it A LOT faster then that. So if you are happy with the 15% profits+ in TATTF its a good place to exit. I am going to see what happens and try and squeeze a little more out. Either way I think I am pretty safe for a profit at this point.

Have a good trading day
Steve Hoven
alleycatnews@alleycatnews.net

No comments: